Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bout Microbiology....

Streptococcus pneumoniae - gram +ve bacteria, bacteria tht cause sore throat was Streptococcus pyogenes (so next time when felt sore throat, mean u throat got S.pyogenes.)
Staphylococcus aureus - gram +ve bacteria, normally for the skin infection such as Folllcullitis, cutaneous, impetigo and so on....
Yersinia enterocolitica- Gram -ve bacteria, infection due to Y.enterocolitica are pseudo appendicular syndrome, self limitig dairrhea, bacterema. transmision mainly due to consumption of the pork products, milk salads and so on....
Listeria monocytogenes- gram +ve bacteria, is the only bacteria tht able cross the placenta and cause abortion for pregnant women.
Eschericchia coli- short form is E.coli (gram -ve, facultative anaerobes bacteria), normally cause abdorminal cramp, nausea, vomiting and fever (so next time once got all these symptons may b due to the presence of E.coli in u small intestine..haha...).
Clostridium botulinum- gram +ve, anaerobes bacteria, cause flaccid paralysis, uncontrolled relaxation of muscle, blurring vision and finally death due to failure of cardiac and respiratory system.
(dun play play with all this bacteria...haha...)

well, as for me microbiology is one of the subject tht quite interesting!!! wat i was learn frm this subject, i can knw more bout the microbes such as their appearance once culture them in agar plate, their internal structure when observe under microscope, technique tht require to culture them, the conditions which is suitable for them to growth and so on...not only that, frm microbiology, i can knw wat bacteria ll cauase disease for human such as wat i wrote about especially make me "shock" was Listeria monocytogenes, the only bacteria able pass through placenta cause abortion and Clostridium perfringens as well...the bacteria ll lysis the cells and the only way can treat was amputation the affected part (quite dangerous)..so, i really agree with wat was spoke by Dr.Stacey during lecture, she said, although bacteria (microbes) they are small, but they are so powerful!!! yeah, they are... they can make human suffer.... but, still have some microbes which are give advantages for us such as penicilium which produce penicilin, Lactobacillus which use in the yogurt industry and so on....
make me quite interesting when i was study microbiology... but due to the high percentage failure in this subject, so make me quite stress when i need sit for the exam for this subject.. haha...

Yesterday, i was sit for the paper 1 for this subject. Gerel, mei ying and me were study in library before sit for the exam. we all "spot" ll Questions for flagella, cell wall of bacteria, Pathogenic bacteria for E.coli (ETEC, EPEC, EIEC, EHEC, EAEC), life cycle for viruses and axsexual and sexual reproductive system for fungi. However, all the Question tht we spot not come out. Haiz. The questions come out are those not tht popular and we all juz roughly read through only (like cytoplasmic membrane, sterilization, intrinsic factor and so on, very surprise is tht none of the question for viruses). But anyway, i still can choose 4 Questions to do although duno whether the answer is correct o nt la.

Before started the exam, every1 was so stress bout tht...can c most of the ppl they hold the note and keep on study n study...however, this was happened on me but was few days ago. i really thanks God, He let me felt better after told all my stress to my bro n sis in christ, thanks u all pray 4 me. Not only that, He let me can sit the exam peacefully, not tht stress, let my exam going smooth and didn felt stomachache (cos b4 start exam i not feelling well). Although, i duno whether my answer for the exam correct o nt, but i knw i try my best to finish the questions that i need to answer. so wat i can do was juz commit all my result to God...concentrate on the coming papers. I wanna Taste and See the Lord is GOOD, the grace of God is enough for me to me. I knw before this i was too care bout my marks my target, til indirectly i push myself to hard, too stress...nw i change my mind- i wanna enjoyed the whole process when i study, i wanna enjoyed wat i was study (in other words, i need "love" my biochemistry, my genetics,my microbiology, my physiology, haha...), i dun wan too stress anymore cos quite suffer, i dun wan like wat was happened on last saturday( vomit all the food tht i ate). Su yi, keep on jia you (gambateh) for u final exam!!! U can do it!!! All my bro n sis in Christ, pls continue pray 4 me ya..

No comments: